Wednesday, April 6, 2011

How Sweet it is!

So as my first official beauty post, let me start out by letting you all in on a deal going on this week!  I love shopping around for good deals and this absolutely takes the cake.  

This week at CVS physicians formula is on sale with $6 off the product.  Now usually this wouldn't necessarily be enough for me to stock up or something, since physician's formula isn't part of my daily routine.  However I was able to also get a hold of an additional $5 off coupon via Glamlifeguru from youtube.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with her,  she has a beauty vlog on youtube and every week she goes to local drug stores and fills you in on sales and coupons and ways to get things for ridiculously cheap.  So I got this coupon and thought I'd see how I can make the best use out of it.

First off, this $5 off coupon CAN be used with the already $6 off with your CVS card.  Thus the products are actually a whopping $11 off.  And if that wasn't cool enough already, you can also print out and use more than one coupon!  One coupon is allowed per item purchased.  So I printed out 5 coupons online and went for it. 

I was able to purchase a new peach blush, the mineral wear powder, a mascara, bronzer, and a face corrector (with green hues to tone down redness).  All in all it would have cost me nearly $70 for all these with no discount.  My purchase came out to $26.  Sounds great right?  Well after I looked over my receipt I realized I didn't get the $6 off deal on 2 of the products.  So I went back in and pointed that out and the teller ended up letting me reuse the $5 coupon AND the $6 off again.  Therefore when all was said and done, I paid $1.71 after tax for 5 physicians formula products.  Plus received a $5 extra care bucks tag at the end of my receipt.  Thus meaning that when all was said and done, I paid -$3.29 for 5 products.  Holy Moly!!!  If  you look at it like this, it's like CVS told me "Hey, if you give us $1.71 we will give you back a gift card for CVS for $3.29 and 5 free beauty products."  

The moral of this story is: Always be polite to the tellers, and ALWAYS check your receipt.
Below are some photos of my new products, and I will link to Glamlifeguru's youtube so that you can get a hold of the coupon.  Check out some of her video's too!  I'm a big fan :)
Have a Beautiful Day!
Maddy B.    
http://www.youtube.com/user/GlamLifeGuru  ----------The coupon is under the CVS  April 4th vid






2 comments:

  1. Welcome into the world of blogging! Nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it love it!!!! they are so pretty
    nice blog :)
    im your new follower hoping to be followed back by you
    xoxoxo
    and dont forget to enter my international giveaway :)
    http://cosmopearls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete